Livintius posted Mon at 2:11
Well I'm excited to announce that I have completed the final installment for the Fleet Upgrade Package just now! As I'm sure all of you have noticed we have a new background image for the IRF War Department, but I also spent some time re-ogranizing our STO discussion layouts in an effort to eliminate redundancies and unused threads.
Also for anyone that is interested I have written the fictional background to the FFXIV War Department and it can be found here. Its not 100% official just yet because I would like some feedback before I call it totally complete so please feel free to comment and provide suggestions/critiques. Thanks! :)
So now that the bulk upgrades to the fleet have been completed, I am now shifting my focus on to more specialized projects and they include:
-Creating a new Recruitment video for the IRF and PG
-Re-vaming our STO uniform requirements (hopefully this is fixed in Delta)
-Establishing a set schedule for Fleet Actions under the soon to be re-actives REG (Yay Mugatu!)
-Providing more support/direction for RP story threads
-Changing the KDF fleet into an OPFOR/PvP group led by a specific Commander (this depends on interest/number of people)
So the first thing I'm going to tackle is providing some new direction/rules for our RP department. It's come to my attention that while we do have several very dedicated RPers, this section does require a little bit of leadership's direction to ensure we don't have any conflicts/issues.
Please take the time to review these new rules below and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
1) There is no official RP story line for the IRF War Department.
2) All the RP stories that are created exist simultaneously in a 'multi-verse' (except for story lines that being intentionally connected).
3) To avoid confusion, all interactions outside of RP threads, RP chat rooms and specified STO RP Fleet events are by default 'real life' or 'OOC' interactions. RP can be initiated at any time but requires the mutual consent of all participating parties.
4) The characters and alter egos you create inside of an RP session are restricted to in-character actions only. Once the session has concluded, the only rank you will be recognized with is your current STO/FFXIV/Forum rank.
5) You cannot take over an RP session by granting yourself 'god' rights (i.e. promoting yourself to fleet admiral while everyone else is RPing as captains) and anyone attempting to do so will be removed from the RP session after a single warning. The only exception to this rule is having your character nominated by the RP participants into a having higher position/rank. /
More updates on the specialized projects to follow, please keep up the great work!
-Livintius, Fleet XO